To help restore some balance, I am opening up this locked category to also include a post for each forum member. In each member's thread, titled after his or her userid, the member will have the opportunity to introduce himself or herself. Please do not share personal information. No one is looking for your full name, much less your social security number. Please respect your own privacy. Instead of divulging sensitive information, please share information that will be helpful in these discussions, like:
- Where did you grow up?
- How did you come to be interested in spiritual things?
- Do you have any affiliation to a particular church, person, document, etc.?
- What spiritual topics are the current focus of your thoughts and studies?
- For what are you looking on the forums? Why are you here?
- Do you have personal goals you wish to accomplish on the forums? Do you have any topics that you consider important, which you wish to discuss with others?
Don't forget that you can edit your post, which help you keep it up to date. This is important in case your perspective changes, or in case you discover a better way to explain your background, etc.
Please keep in mind that other members will be able to ask questions and start discussion on subsequent posts in your thread.
Before you create your own thread, you should examine some other member's threads. That will give you some good ideas about what to do and what not to do.