grand_puba

Welcome to the Forums! ... Things you should know before you read any posts. ... Meet the members.

Moderator: grand_puba

grand_puba

grand_puba

Post by grand_puba » Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:19 pm

Hello I am grand_puba,

userid: My userid was actually chosen as a kind of "tongue-in-cheek" pun. The Flintstones (a cartoon clone of "The Honeymooners") poked fun at people's desires to form elaborate organizations (like the "Loyal Order of Water Buffaloes Lodge"), of which one purpose was to create positions for recognition (like the "Grand Puba"). Just as the cartoon is really making fun of such positions, I chose this userid, because it seemed a fitting title to help keep everything in perspective. Plus, it has some historical legacy with the original "Students In Search of Truth" organization, which was required to have some official positions of responsibility. Also, since somebody had to be a moderator, I chose this userid to keep my moderator position from being taken too seriously.

perspective: I will skip a lot of explanation, because I get the opportunity to explain and enforce my perspective in The Rules, so I'll just offer this one insight into my person: Good moderating is hard to do! The world contains a lot of crazy people, hot heads, deeply prejudiced, professional argument starters, intellectual hobbyists, spiritual academicists, and many more kinds of people that I am constantly trying to keep from overrunning the forums. If you are one of these people, you are welcome to peruse and consider, but your intrusion is unwelcome. This forum is for honest truthseekers, who are willing to patiently discuss ultimate concerns with other people, their peers. Those who cannot or will not discuss pertinent topics from this perspective will be monitored closely and ultimately banned.

That being said, good moderating is hard to do! If this forum's membership consisted of perfect people, moderating would be easy. But, discussion would be limited, since everyone would already know everything and agree on everything! :lol: So, please keep in mind that when a person disagrees with you, he is likely not just disagreeing with what you are saying, but he likely is additionally disagreeing with how you are saying and possibly how you are listening (consider Mark 4:24; Luke 8:18). Therefore, please keep in mind that I must tolerate some less than desirable activity, because fallible people are typically flawed in not just what they say. If they are perfect in their listening and presentation abilities, then they probably aren't the one in error (James 3:2). ;-)

So, please be patient with others, and please be patient with me, serving as moderator. I am doing the best I can, but I am always open to criticism. If you have some suggestions or complaints, feel free to post a note in this thread.
Have you read the Rules?