proof for Mormon apostles

Discuss topics related to the nature, character, and work of the Holy Spirit, including related topics of miracles, signs, and inspiration. Also included are apostles, because of their miraculous deeds.

Moderator: grand_puba

email
Non-Member

proof for Mormon apostles

Post by email » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:52 pm

Thoughts about this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBtE5QbcDbU

Thanks for your insight.
The above presented views do not necessarily represent any specific individual, registered on this forum or otherwise.
Who is "email"?

m273p15c

Apostles

Post by m273p15c » Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:27 pm

Thanks for the link to the interview with Mormon apostle, David A. Bednar of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles.

To be straightforward, he seemed very likable and caring; however, he did not defend his right to be an apostle, outside of his assertion to have seen Jesus. Clearly, the video is directed toward Mormons, who already believe he is an apostle. It is not intended to serve as a defense or a beacon for truth.

Since I do not believe the Mormon faith rests on truth, rather it rests on a grand hoax initiated by a false prophet (Deuteronomy 18:20-22; Galatians 1:6-9; I John 4:1; Revelation 2:2), I was unmoved by his emotional appeals.

Do you believe this man meets the qualifications of the office of apostle? Do you believe that we have apostles living among us today?

I assume you have read my writings on the subject:
I look forward to hearing your thoughts from Scripture.

May God help us have a sincere love of truth,

m273p15c
May God help us to love truth sincerely and supremely (II Thessalonians 2:11-12)