do we know when God will return?

Discuss topics related to the nature, character, and work of the Holy Spirit, including related topics of miracles, signs, and inspiration. Also included are apostles, because of their miraculous deeds.

Moderator: grand_puba

email
Non-Member

do we know when God will return?

Post by email » Tue May 17, 2011 11:24 pm

God says no one is know when i coming
The above presented views do not necessarily represent any specific individual, registered on this forum or otherwise.
Who is "email"?

larry

RE: judment Day

Post by larry » Wed May 18, 2011 12:38 pm

Thanks for visiting insearchoftruth.org and your comment. Yes, the Bible teaches in Matt. 24:36-44 and I Thess. 5:1-3 that the Lord will return at a time which no one knows. Do you have any questions you would like to ask?

Sincerely,

Larry
http://www.insearchoftruth.org

hazait

Re: do we know when God will return?

Post by hazait » Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:59 am

email wrote:God says no one is know when i coming
Every consecrated believer, that knows inside, not by teaching or memory, only written the Covenant in the heart that God the Holy Spirit dwells in him, at the very time of Retun the God his holy spirit that now is in you will awaken you from the bed or feel you are. Then miraculously you will have the oil in your lamp to search the gap. In that secure place He guides you He will be to meet you personally in his return ready for the marriage
See Mattew 25:1-5
See
31 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:
33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

larry

Re: do we know when God will return?

Post by larry » Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:17 pm

Today's respondent to my article of May 18, 2011 has misapplied Scripture. The Bibical quote in the reply is from Jeremiah 31:31-34. These passages are not revelant to the point I was making. Jeremiah is referring to the new covenant as compared to the old covenant, the Law of Moses.

Under the Law of Moses, the Jews were born into the covenant. They were not taught and then chose to be under the Law of Moses. They were part of it from birth. Thus, for them to know what the law was about, they had to be taught. That is not the case with the new covenant, the law of Christ. Now one must be taught before He becomes a child of God. He must understand what the law of Christ teaches and than submit to it in obedience. He must be born again (John 3:1-5). He will know the Lord and have his sins forgiven before he becomes a child of God.

Knowing the Lord does not mean knowing everything the Lord knows. We only know what He has revealed to us. And He has not revealed to us when He will return again
(Matt. 24:36-44 and I Thess. 5:1-6). In fact, these passages have been revealed teaching us that we cannot know when He will return. What the parable of the wise and foolish virgins teaches us as recorded in Matt. 25:1-13 is that we need to be ready at all times since we don't know when His return will occur.
http://www.insearchoftruth.org