churches of Christ are charismatic?

Discuss topics related to the nature, character, and work of the Holy Spirit, including related topics of miracles, signs, and inspiration. Also included are apostles, because of their miraculous deeds.

Moderator: grand_puba

email
Non-Member

churches of Christ are charismatic?

Post by email » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:57 pm

After reading some articles and posts I noticed that the ideas presented were contrary to almost every church group. I haven't read everything but what I've read concerning the roles of men and women, a plurality of elders, and music I agree completely. Since these are not popular ideas I was wondering where a group like this would meet. Thank you
The above presented views do not necessarily represent any specific individual, registered on this forum or otherwise.
Who is "email"?

m273p15c

the church

Post by m273p15c » Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:55 pm

All the people who work on the ISOT web-site, either writing articles or answering correspondence, attend churches of Christ.

If you are interested in a home Bible study, please send me your city, and I'll try to find a reputable church close to you.

If you have any comments, questions, or feedback on any other spiritual topic, I would love to hear them.
May God help us to love truth sincerely and supremely (II Thessalonians 2:11-12)

email
Non-Member

RE: the church

Post by email » Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:30 pm

Thanks for the quick response, I appreciate it. I already belong to a local group of believers but it was just interesting to find another group with similar beliefs. It's hard to find a meeting that doesn't have a pastor that is at the head and participates in the Lord's supper on a weekly basis. In fact, I'm not sure I know of any except for the type that I attend. I've seen the church of Christ places many times but I've always associated them with the charismatic movement. Again, thank you for the response.
The above presented views do not necessarily represent any specific individual, registered on this forum or otherwise.
Who is "email"?

m273p15c

Re: the church

Post by m273p15c » Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:04 pm

It's good to hear back from you. Many churches of Christ believe in church autonomy, so there is no organized conformity, outside of a similar attitude to God's Word. However, as far as I know, very few are charismatic. Now, churches of God, churches of the Nazarene, and Assemblies of God are generally very charismatic and Pentecostal, but I am unaware of any churches of Christ that are Pentecostal or charismatic.

Whenever I meet believers from various denominations, I generally encourage them to consider the Lord's prayer for unity in John 17. We have a few articles along these lines here:

http://www.insearchoftruth.org/articles ... html#unity

Maybe this will tweak your interest in studying with them. :)

If I can be of any assistance in regards to spiritual matters, please let me know.
May God help us to love truth sincerely and supremely (II Thessalonians 2:11-12)