thanks for help in understanding the errors of Calvinism

Is Calvinism taught in the Bible? Does man have free-will? Can a Christian apostatize? Discuss all related questions here.

Moderator: grand_puba

email
Non-Member

thanks for help in understanding the errors of Calvinism

Post by email » Fri May 06, 2005 10:27 am

I want to thank you for your information on Calvinism. I was born again about 12 years ago and I have been attending a "bible based church" (or so I believed) since then but since I didn't know what Calvinism was I assumed I was attending a mainstream Christian church. The topic of Calvinism was never brought up. I eventually noticed that the people of my church were struggling with evangelism and discipleship. Now that I am a more mature believer, I have been investigating what my church really believes and I am have found some root problems that stem from their theology. Calvinism has had the "side-effect" of creating believers that don't fully mature as believers in the areas of evangelism and discipleship (and to some extent in prayer). I have been helped a great deal by the people in my church but I don't see how scripture can defend their position. They truly believe that they are right with scripture but they don't see how much they are reading into the text. They are wonderful people but they don't see how Calvinism has hindered them from growing in a deeper and loving relationship with Jesus Christ. I have decided to slowly leave the church to go to another church. Your information combined with other information has made it easy enough for me to understand this complex structure and I thank you very much. GOD BLESS YOU!
The above presented views do not necessarily represent any specific individual, registered on this forum or otherwise.
Who is "email"?

m273p15c

Post by m273p15c » Sun May 08, 2005 11:11 pm

I am very happy and pleased that you found the articles to be both Scriptural and spiritually beneficial.

You are to be greatly commended for you willingness to abandon error, even though I imagine it comes at great emotional sacrifice.

I would encourage you to continue to study God's Word, since it alone contains the standard for our lives, the church, and our ultimate judgment before God's throne.

Many false teachers and false doctrines have gone out into the world. Calvinism is certainly one of the worst, and one of the most prevalent, but it is far from being the only one that has caused such far reaching damage. I would speculate that you may continue to discern other discrepancies between the Bible and what you see around you.

If you have any other questions, maybe even years down the road, please let us know. We would be glad to help.

I hope our web-site and forums may continue to prove useful to you.

Again, I am thrilled you have taken this courageous step. I pray you will take many more! :-)

May God bless us both with an ever increasing love of the truth.