Do not overwhelm

Things to know before you create a post on this forum.

Moderator: grand_puba

grand_puba

Do not overwhelm

Post by grand_puba » Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:02 pm

Before you start a reply, or even a new thread, ask yourself, "What am I trying to do?" "Do I really want an answer?"

Too many times we receive a single thread that has an overwhelming amount of text. It becomes impossible for members to carefully and prayerfully consider such posts, simply because of the vast amount of material. Visitors will rarely consider such intimidating truckloads of verbage.

So, ask yourself, "Do I really want people to read and understand the truth?" "Or, am I just trying to win a debate?"

Think about Jesus: How many times did He respond to questions with thousands and thousands of words? Never! Most answers are contained within a few verses, and He silenced the foolish in so few words. That is the mark of a true Bible Scholar and Master Teacher.

The more the words, the less the understanding - both for the writer and the reader.

Therefore, for the sake of the readers and the responders, please condense your arguments to one or two primary and fundamental points and run with those. If you cannot make your case on the back of your strongest point, you will not be able to make it with the help of your weaker points. You will only confuse the issue and turn people away.

Continued abuse of this will result in a warning, followed by banning and deletion of posts.