Are you so sure??? God is!

Place to discuss the reasons for our faith (I Peter 3:15)

Moderator: grand_puba

email
Non-Member

Are you so sure??? God is!

Post by email » Thu Jul 14, 2005 9:18 am

I've been everywhere in the North American Range and found all to be liars and followers of men. What makes you think your any different????

I wish you Peace in Life ... :)
The above presented views do not necessarily represent any specific individual, registered on this forum or otherwise.
Who is "email"?

m273p15c

who and what are being tested here?

Post by m273p15c » Thu Jul 14, 2005 9:21 am

Truth does not fear examination, rather, it welcomes all inspection.

I am not truth, but I aspire to know it and teach it. If you prove my knowledge and teaching to be false, then you would be my friend. Therefore, I welcome your investigation. If we are both honest, then at least one will benefit greatly from our discussion. Maybe, even both will benefit.

As regards to my surety, if I am in error, I am confident that God will correct me (maybe through providence, a brother, or Scripture), as long as I am willing to submit to His chastisement (Philippians 3:15; Psalm 119:65-71; Hebrews 12:5-11).

Although I can say this positively for myself, I believe the other people who help with this site would state something similar.

May we have open eyes, ears, and hearts (Matthew 13:13-15; II Thessalonians 2:9-12)

tombias

Re: Are you so sure??? God is!

Post by tombias » Sat Aug 06, 2005 2:22 am

email wrote:I've been everywhere in the North American Range and found all to be liars and followers of men. What makes you think your any different????

I wish you Peace in Life ... :)

I hope that anyone who feels this way about something that we believe or practice will tell us specifically what it is that deviates from the Bible and what God has revealed for us to do therein. If we find that we are in error, then it is our obligation to change to reflect what the Bible teaches. I'm sure that I follow truth to the best of my ability because I will (and have) changed my actions or beliefs when I am shown scripture that something I believe or practice is wrong. If you are asking if I am perfect? No, I am not, and I have a lot left to learn in my life. However, establishing the Bible as our only authority, then making changes as we find out more about what it would have us to do is all that we can do.

Also, if you are asking if we think that everyone who calls themselves a Christian and associates with us is right, certainly not. There are hypocrites, liars, and troublemakers everywhere. I can bear with them on Earth, trying to correct them with God's word, but if I do not do what God has told me to, I will spend an eternity with them in Hell. Better to bear with a few hypocrites now than to spend an eternity with a multitude of them in the future.

Love,
Tom Bias

sid

To: tombias & m273p15c -- All men are liars!

Post by sid » Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:55 pm

Romans 3.3-4:
"For what if some (Jews - vs 1) did not believe? Will their unbelief make the faith of God without effect? Certainly not! Indeed, let God be true but every man a liar. As it is written, 'That You may be justified in Your words, and may overcome when You judge'" - Rom 3.3-4.

NOTE: Translations are wrong, reading, "when You are judged."
And, who will judge God? But this is an inaccurate quote of Psalm 51.4;
as well as grammatically wrong in the Greek.

But my point is this:
"We are all liars!"

This was intended to be interpreted literally.
And, unless you are equal to God, then common sense dictates that you will mistakenly comment on the word of God at times.
And, the more you talk, the more you sin.

So then, What is the answer to the dilemma?
God would not leave us in the dark.

"For there must also be factions [heresies] among you, that those who are approved may be made manifest among you" - 1Cor 11.19.

What this means is "Free Speech" (according to the guidelines on speech) in the assembly.

In other words, the preacher should be corrected regularly.
If this does not occur, then you may be assured that no one loves you.

Personally, I have been concvinced of more lies -- about the Bible --
than most people.
I believe the reason for this "blessing" is that when I am convinced, I change.
And, God loves "changers."
Therefore, the Lord God Almighty rewards my "change" by convincing me of other lies that I am guilty of; concerning the word.

These lies were learned as a young fool, in the congregation.
But when I became a man, i put away foolish things, and learned to think for myself -- assisted by the Spirit of God.

Bliss is mine when I learn that I am a liar!
My prayers include that God will make known to me the "sins of ignorance"; mentioned in both Testaments.

sid
The New Covenant Is In Revelation

m273p15c

Re: To: tombias & m273p15c -- All men are liars!

Post by m273p15c » Sun Nov 20, 2005 11:38 pm

sid wrote:Romans 3.3-4:
"For what if some (Jews - vs 1) did not believe? Will their unbelief make the faith of God without effect? Certainly not! Indeed, let God be true but every man a liar. As it is written, 'That You may be justified in Your words, and may overcome when You judge'" - Rom 3.3-4.

NOTE: Translations are wrong, reading, "when You are judged."
And, who will judge God? But this is an inaccurate quote of Psalm 51.4;
as well as grammatically wrong in the Greek.
I am not so sure of this. True, no one is in a position to rightfully judge God; however, some people do. Is that not why Satan is also known as the "accuser"? He accuses us as well as God (Revelation 12:10; Job 1:8-11; 2:3-8).

Moreover, the context of Romans 3 is the judgment of God, Himself:
  • 4 - "You may be justified in Your words"
  • 4 - "may overcome when You are judged"
  • 5 - "Is God unjust who inflicts wrath?"
  • 6 - "Certainly not! For then how will God judge the world?"
  • 21 - "But the righteousness of God apart from the law is revealed..."
  • 25 - "whom God set forth as a propitiation by His blood, through faith, to demonstrate His righteousness"
  • 26 - "to demonstrate at the present time His righteousness, that He might be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus"
Demonstrating and vindicating the justice of God, by demonstrating our sinfulness (Romans 3:23), is the very point of the entire chapter. Therefore, if any man judge God and condemn Him, he must be a liar, just as you said, because God is the definition of justice.

But back to the point, does this happen? Do people judge God today? Just browse other posts in this category. I think you will find people still question God today.