how can i reach people to share the gospel?

Place to discuss the reasons for our faith (I Peter 3:15)

Moderator: grand_puba

email
Non-Member

how can i reach people to share the gospel?

Post by email » Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:03 pm

how can i reach the people to share the gospel
The above presented views do not necessarily represent any specific individual, registered on this forum or otherwise.
Who is "email"?

m273p15c

Re: how can i reach people to share the gospel?

Post by m273p15c » Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:12 pm

I would recommend these things:

Make sure you are doing the best you can with the opportunities you already have. For example, study your Bible diligently, answer doubts and questions you may have, research beliefs of the lost or misguided so you can answer them, pray frequently about evangelism and personal growth, repent from any outstanding sins, make sure you have done what God requires of us to be a Christian, etc. Why?

First, we are commanded to have a ready answer for those who question us concerning our hope.
But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear; having a good conscience, that when they defame you as evildoers, those who revile your good conduct in Christ may be ashamed. (I Peter 3:15-16)
Second, God has promised that He will not provide us with greater responsibility until we prove ourselves with the lesser responsibilities. This is a general principle, applicable in many points. Open doors are predicated on our preparation (Revelation 3:8).
"He who is faithful in what is least is faithful also in much; and he who is unjust in what is least is unjust also in much. Therefore if you have not been faithful in the unrighteous mammon, who will commit to your trust the true riches? And if you have not been faithful in what is another man's, who will give you what is your own?" (Luke 16:10-12)
Third, be sure to study Jesus' technique. He was the Master Teacher. Study the gospel accounts to understand how He engaged and taught others. For example, consider this verse:
Then Jesus, (1) looking at him, (2) loved him, and (3) said to him, "One thing you lack: Go your way, sell whatever you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, take up the cross, and follow Me." (Mark 10:20)
Notice how Jesus examines the man, considers that which the man needs most, and then speaks to him. From this we learn that each person must be handled on a "case by case" basis (see also, I Thessalonians 5:14). No two people are alike; therefore, neither should be our answers. Our answers should address what people truly need, not necessarily what we want or they want to hear. It is only from this heart that we should speak, and we should not speak until we have first examined a person and loved them.

Lastly, pray for open doors, look for them, and then walk through them (Colossians 4:2-4). If you fail for some reason, examine yourself until you figure the reason why. Correct it, and move forward (Proverbs 24:16).

Beyond this, I know nothing more you can do. This is what I did. It certainly can help to ask others for direction and wisdom (Proverbs 15:22), but ultimately, God, through His Word and life's experiences, will be your best Teacher (Psalm 119:97-105).

Also, be patient - with others, yourself, and God. Opportunities came slowly. For me, in the beginning, many opportunities were clearly "dead ends", but I pursued them the best I could because they had been given to me. Although I doubt I helped those people, they certainly helped to train me, so now I can be a better help to others, who are more open-minded. Now, opportunities increase daily both in quantity and quality. Likewise, I am sure that as you grow, so will the opportunities.

I pray this helps. If you have any other questions, please let me know. I am always glad to study the Bible with others.

May God help us to have sincere love of the truth,

m273p15c
May God help us to love truth sincerely and supremely (II Thessalonians 2:11-12)