Page 1 of 1
Bible vs. Koran
Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 1:43 pm
I have a friend how doesn't believe that the bible is any better/worse than any other "holy" book such as the Koran. I believe the Bible is the inspired word of God but I can't seem to convey that to her. Do you have any material that would help? Thanks.
Posted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:42 am
I have not personally studied this topic in sufficient detail. My personal objections, in comparison with the Bible and Christianity, are this:
- Does not have the testimony of miracles to back it up, as does the New Testament
- Does not have the testimony of fulfilled prophesy to back it up, as does the Old and New Testaments
- Was written several hundred years after the death of Mohammad. Contents were handed down by oral tradition, until finally recorded, several hundred years after the events. All recordings in the Bible relate to events that transpired in the same century - most within 20 years of the actual events (Gospel of John was most removed from Christ, written about 70-80 AD - versus Christ death ~30 AD)
- Church based on the Bible sustained incomparable persecution on all fronts. Islam did not face such trials.
- Bible appeals to your mind; it reasons with you (Psalm 110:3; Philemon 1:8-14). Islam/Koran must is often forced upon followers by the sword. It does not care about your mind.
- Allah is a god of war and power - he cares nothing about you. God loves you and wants you to be saved.
This will not likely be sufficient to argue against a hardened critic of the Bible, who is prejudiced in favor of Islam, or against Christianity. Here are some links that have more good info:
Hope this helps.
Let me know the results of your study. Also, if you learn anything useful on the topic, I'd appreciate you sharing your experiences.
May God bless you in your studies for truth.