simul et ex nihilo - Catholic teaching !

Place to discuss the reasons for our faith (I Peter 3:15)

Moderator: grand_puba

twinc

simul et ex nihilo - Catholic teaching !

Post by twinc » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:49 am

it seems the Catholic Church teaches and has always taught simul et ex nihilo - this means instant and complete creation out of nothing - this means no evolution and also means evolution is in fact forbidden and anathema to and for Catholics - not many Catholics seem to know or accept this - any useful comments - twinc

m273p15c

is the Catholic church our final authority?

Post by m273p15c » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:22 pm

Is the Catholic church the final authority regarding spiritual matters on earth?
May God help us to love truth sincerely and supremely (II Thessalonians 2:11-12)

twinc

Re: is the Catholic church our final authority?

Post by twinc » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:36 am

m273p15c wrote:Is the Catholic church the final authority regarding spiritual matters on earth?
this is absolutely so for Catholics - twinc

m273p15c

need to defend Catholicism here

Post by m273p15c » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:12 am

twinc wrote:this is absolutely so for Catholics
Hi twinc,

Most of the people on this site are not Catholics. Catholics are welcomed, as are all people. However, this site is devoted to "truthseekers", which means there are no assumptions here. Everything can and should be challenged.

If we can agree on the Bible as a common, mutual authority, would you be willing to discuss the Scripturalness of the Catholic church? I believe the Bible teaches that God's Word, the Scriptures are not only sufficient and effective, but they is the only authority in spiritual matters (i.e., Sola Scriptura):
Paul, the Lord's apostle, wrote:how that by revelation He made known to me the mystery (as I have briefly written already, by which, when you read, you may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ), which in other ages was not made known to the sons of men, as it has now been revealed by the Spirit to His holy apostles and prophets: (Ephesians 3:3-5)

All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work. (II Timothy 3:16-17)
Peter, an inspired apostle, wrote:as His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by glory and virtue, as His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by glory and virtue, (II Peter 1:2-3)
Jude, an inspired prophet, wrote:Beloved, while I was very diligent to write to you concerning our common salvation, I found it necessary to write to you exhorting you to contend earnestly for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints. (Jude 1:3)
If we can understand the Bible when we read it, and if it contains all that we need for life and godliness, and if it enables the man of God to be complete, and if "the faith" is not to be expanded upon, then what room is left for any other authority but God's Word?

I look forward to your thoughts.
May God help us to love truth sincerely and supremely (II Thessalonians 2:11-12)

twinc

Re: simul et ex nihilo - Catholic teaching !

Post by twinc » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:44 am

lets not deviate from the question - so is simul et ex nihilo accepted or acceptable or not - your sola scripture is explained elsewhere - twinc

m273p15c

Post by m273p15c » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:06 am

twinc wrote:lets not deviate from the question - so is simul et ex nihilo accepted or acceptable or not - your sola scripture is explained elsewhere - twinc
Your thread is fundamentally broken, because it is built on a logical fallacy - an appeal to (an unaccepted) authority. Show me where the Scriptures teach simul et ex nihilo, and I'll be happy to discuss that. ... You and I are working from distinct platforms, and until we reconcile them, there's not much point in going further.

twinc

Post by twinc » Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:12 am

Try Genesis.1 and Psalm 32:6&9 and Heb.11:3 and Rmns.4:17 and Jesus as God instantly did most of His miracles viz turned water into wine and instantly produced loaves and fishes,gave eyes to a blind man etc - twinc