revalatoin 1:7

Place to discuss the reasons for our faith (I Peter 3:15)

Moderator: grand_puba

truth

revalatoin 1:7

Post by truth » Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:24 pm

i seen some one use this Scripture , i think it was luke1, its a very interesting verse.
another like it is Luke 21:27 And then they will see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.

i was told what the meaning of the cloud , but i did not fully comprehend what was said until i seen it happen .
I'll try to explain what it is for you .
to come with the cloud means that he Jesus will come invisibly, he will be here and we will know he's here but we will not be able to see him with our eyes , but because of the things that we see taking place ,we know that he is in his kingdom . Jesus said "Look out that nobody misleads YOU; 5 for many will come on the basis of my name, saying, 'I am the Christ,' and will mislead many. 6 YOU are going to hear of wars and reports of wars; see that YOU are not terrified. For these things must take place, but the end is not yet.

7 "For nation will rise against nation and kingdom against kingdom, and there will be food shortages and earthquakes in one place after another. 8 All these things are a beginning of pangs of distress.

9 "Then people will deliver YOU up to tribulation and will kill YOU, and YOU will be objects of hatred by all the nations on account of my name. 10 Then, also, many will be stumbled and will betray one another and will hate one another. 11 And many false prophets will arise and mislead many; 12 and because of the increasing of lawlessness the love of the greater number will cool off. 13 But he that has endured to the end is the one that will be saved. 14 And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come.(Mathew 24)

all of these things have happened , he is on his throne , he is ruling , all these signs , prove it.
but what of the cloud that he is said to come in , how could he be invisible ?
have you ever been driving your car down the road and you run in to a fog ? its cloud that is setting on the ground, that obscures your vision. in front of you on the road there is a car , it disappears in to the cloud of fog . you know the car is sill there , but you cant see it , it has become invisible to your eyes .
the same is true of an air plane , you may hear the plane, but you cant see the plane because of the cloud, the noise the plane makes, is the sign to you that the plane it there.

the book of Revelation is written with the use of symbolisms, the cloud in Revelation 1:7 means invisibility

Jarrod

Post by Jarrod » Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:23 pm

Amen to all that!

When Jesus spoke of Himself coming with clouds (Matthew 24:30, Matthew 26:64, both of which I believe speak to the same event as Revelation 1:7), he did not mean literal clouds. He used the term the same way it was used often in Old Testament prophecty. For example, Isaiah 19:1 says:
The burden against Egypt.Behold, the LORD rides on a swift cloud, And will come into Egypt; The idols of Egypt will totter at His presence, And the heart of Egypt will melt in its midst.
As I heard someone say once, "Like Father like Son-on clouds of judgment"