forgiveness for teen pregnancy

Ask moral related questions. What things are right and wrong? What should we do and not do?

Moderator: grand_puba

email
Non-Member

forgiveness for teen pregnancy

Post by email » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:46 pm

i need prayer again. i found out this week that i'm pregnant, and i need to be uplifted. i am praying for the baby to be ok, and for me to have faith to know it's going to be ok. i'm just scared of losing this baby, i've wanted this for so long. thank you.
and by the way, do you know of any website that sends expectant mothers uplifting newsletters? i could use daily encouragement.
The above presented views do not necessarily represent any specific individual, registered on this forum or otherwise.
Who is "email"?

m273p15c

forgiveness

Post by m273p15c » Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:19 pm

Bringing a child into the world is one of the greatest responsibilities and blessings we can enjoy. I pray that you, your family, friends, and church will pull together to create the spiritual, pure, and nurturing environment that every child so desperately needs and deserves.

I know you are concerned for this baby's physical health and safety, and that's great! However, you need to be more concerned about this baby's spiritual health and future, more than any other fear or worry. You must make your spiritual health the top priority, which will be even harder now, because of the immediate distractions. Furthermore, it is now more important than ever, because you will be the most influential person in this innocent being's new life.

You will have to learn self-discipline, more so than what faced you previously. You will have to give up what you want, be inconvenienced, and sacrifice more than you can imagine. But, there will be great reward, if you serve this child as a good mother. I pray that you will have every opportunity and encouragement to do so.

Dear friend, if you were my own daughter, I would have to ask, "Why have you wanted this for so long'?" It sounds like you were deliberately planning this. Hopefully I have misunderstood. My only concern is this: The opportunity to sin will not go away, just because you are pregnant. In some ways, the temptation will be worse, because there is no "consequence" to fear for the short term. I pray you bring yourself under control - for God, for yourself, and for your unborn child. You have many things to reflect and meditate upon. Please do not be swept by the joy of anticipation and lose sight of the lessons you need to master now. If you do not, it will come back to haunt both of you.

Just remember, this is a new challenge, but you can overcome, if you trust in the Lord, set Him first, meditate upon His Word, and obey Him.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. (Philippians 4:13)
I am not intimately acquainted with any expectant-mother outreach programs. I am sure there are many good ones. I am just not familiar with them. I know an elder's wife, who is very good with these kind of situations. Would you be willing to talk with her? I think she could help you more than me.

May God help you in this awesome task, and may He bless your child also,

m273p15c
May God help us to love truth sincerely and supremely (II Thessalonians 2:11-12)