what stops me

Ask moral related questions. What things are right and wrong? What should we do and not do?

Moderator: grand_puba

email
Non-Member

what stops me

Post by email » Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:56 am

i have been a fornicator for years and neva benefited me...i am even now hepatitis b positive.i make my minds sometimes to go to GOd..i go get surrender to Jesus, get baptized and all that..my christian life starts but soon finds maself in fornication again...i have a feeling jesus wudnt accept me anymore cos its like am mocking him...my greatest weakness is fornication...please what do i do???? pray for me
The above presented views do not necessarily represent any specific individual, registered on this forum or otherwise.
Who is "email"?

m273p15c

what stops me

Post by m273p15c » Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:54 pm

This is a common problem. Many people think that once they become a Christian that it will be easy to stop sinning. Although becoming a Christian gives you the tools to win the war, you still have to fight.

If you would, please look over the discussions recorded in these forum posts, and see if they help:
If you have any concerns or questions not addressed by these posts, please let me know.

If I could only highlight one verse, it would be to apply the lesson found in Romans 13:12-14:
The night is far spent, the day is at hand. Therefore let us cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armor of light. Let us walk properly, as in the day, not in revelry and drunkenness, not in lewdness and lust, not in strife and envy. But put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the flesh, to fulfill its lusts. (Romans 13:12-14 NKJ)
Defeating the Devil and sin is kind of like a chess game. You have to plan "several moves ahead". Typically, we defeat sin by identifying the people, situations, and environments that create temptation, which we have difficulty overcoming. And, then we "make no provision for the flesh". In other words, we avoid setting ourselves up for a fall. We avoid the people, places, environments, and influences that produce temptation.

For example, most of mainstream media has explicit overtones and innuendo. You will likely have to avoid watching certain shows, visiting certain web-sites, listening to certain kinds of music, hanging out with certain friends - you may even have to break off a longstanding relationship with a girlfriend! Nobody can immerse themselves in influences that are constantly suggesting temptation and not eventually cave into the pressure (see also, I Corinthians 15:33; II Corinthians 6:11-7:1). Open your eyes. Figure out the common factors in your failure and avoid them, work around them, eliminate them, etc.

Every mature and strong Christian has had to walk this path. With God's grace, they put Christ first and overcame, and you can too (Philippians 4:13)! :)
May God help us to love truth sincerely and supremely (II Thessalonians 2:11-12)