Truth in Knowledge

Container for all otherwise uncategorized thoughts and meanderings.

Moderator: grand_puba

email
Non-Member

Truth in Knowledge

Post by email » Wed May 11, 2005 12:39 pm

Dear Sir,
Interesting phrase, In search of truth. So I am. I understand your forum. I am a Christian. But I am disillusioned by the net and search engines. Like the death of Cleopatra, it returned 216,457000 hits all speculative. I do not wish to be a cynic, but I am getting there fast. I am a history fanatic. Now all I do is find speculative historians from the past on what happen in there time. Is there truth on the net/knowledge? There are both on the net Christians and non Christians.

There to me seems to a weariness in searching for the truth on the web. Truth is not a one person thing, and there are many paths to the one truth. Its like a puzzle and not all the pieces tell the truth until you get the last piece in place. There are two truths I know, the one Pontius asked Jesus and the knowledge of Jesus and why he didn't say anything to answer the question. In todays society there seems to be extremely speculative answers on any and all questions, be it religious or or not. How can I find the truth on the net and from search engines.

Is the truth only given to Christians and not smart men? GOD says to love your enemies, not judge them. believe me it gets harder every day. Thank you for your time.
The above presented views do not necessarily represent any specific individual, registered on this forum or otherwise.
Who is "email"?

m273p15c

Re: Truth in Knowledge

Post by m273p15c » Wed May 11, 2005 1:21 pm

email wrote:But I am disillusioned by the net and search engines.... Is there truth on the net/knowledge? There are both on the net Christians and non Christians.
Google is a very powerful tool; however, it can only search and reveal the writings of man - unlike the Scriptures, which reveal the mind of God (I Corinthians 2:10-16; Ephesians 3:3-5; II Timothy 3:16-17). Your disillusionment is real. Truth is best ascertained by consulting the will of God. The web provides millions of teachers, who are trying to help us understand the Bible; however, God intended the Bible to be understandable, even if someone does not have access to a knowledgeable teacher (Ephesians 3:3-5). Please do not think you need the web, or any teacher, to understand God's will for you. These things can help (Acts 8:26-31), but they are not required (Ephesians 3:3-5).
email wrote:Truth is not a one person thing, and there are many paths to the one truth. Its like a puzzle and not all the pieces tell the truth until you get the last piece in place. There are two truths I know, the one Pontius asked Jesus and the knowledge of Jesus and why he didn't say anything to answer the question. In todays society there seems to be extremely speculative answers on any and all questions, be it religious or or not.
May i humbly offer this caution: In some sense, there are many paths to the truth. People from China, the USA, Russia, India, the Phillipines - all these people can learn the truth and go to heaven. They may have different translations of the Bible, different teachers, different circumstances, and different personal stories of conversion; however, they must all believe and obey the same gospel (Acts 4;10-12; Galatians 1:6-8). In that sense, there is only one path to the truth (John 14:6).
email wrote:How can I find the truth on the net and from search engines.
Again, I think you are looking in the wrong place, or at least, looking at it in the wrong way. The net is merely a disorganized consortium of competing teachers. They are not the authority or the truth. When we study the writings found on the web, we should take the attitude of the Bereans and compare them with the Scriptures to ascertain their accuracy (Acts 17:11). If the Bereans were commended for double-checking the apostle Paul, is there anybody we should not double-check?
email wrote:Is the truth only given to Christians and not smart men?
No. The truth is available to all. Intelligence is not a prerequisite. In fact, it is a type of hindrance (I Corinthians 1:18-30), because God favors humble people (James 4:6-8). It is more difficult for people to be humble when they are smarter, richer, more popular, or more successful in terms of earthly accounting.

God and His truth are always close at hand (Acts 17:26-27). The difficulty lies in giving up our prejudices and desires - repentance - not comprehending some profoundly complex truth.
email wrote:GOD says to love your enemies, not judge them. believe me it gets harder every day.
I am not sure why this was said; however, since this reminds me of a common misconception (or so I believe), let me say, "Friends don't let friends go to hell - at least without trying to stop them." This takes some level of judging and correcting. There is a difference between the judgment that God makes and the judgment that we are required to make (John 7:24; I Corinthians 5) ...