The Importance of the Baptizer - What if he apostatizes?

What can I do to be saved? Place to discuss sin and its remedy.

Moderator: grand_puba

email
Non-Member

The Importance of the Baptizer - What if he apostatizes?

Post by email » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:11 pm

Question: If I was baptize by a pastor whom I later recognize or see with evidences that GOD did not choose to preach the Gospel of Our Lord, JESUS CHRIST, the Gospel that this pastor is preaching, he is not really live by. Will it affect me who was baptized by that kind of pastor?
The above presented views do not necessarily represent any specific individual, registered on this forum or otherwise.
Who is "email"?

larry

RE: The Importance of Baptism

Post by larry » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:21 pm

Thanks for visiting insearchoftruth.org. I will be pleased to answer your question.

The Bible does not put emphasis on who does the baptizing. The main consideration is the reason one is baptized. If the person doing the baptizing, and especially the person being baptized, understands why one needs to be baptized, that is all that matters.

My experience over the years in talking to people is that they really don't know what the Bible teaches regarding the purpose of baptism. After one hears the gospel (Rom. 10:17), believes that Jesus is the son of God and our Savior (Jn. 3:16), is willing to confess Christ as their Savior (Mt. 10:32) and repents of his/her sins (Lk. 13:3), then one is ready to be baptized.

Baptism is the next step where our sins are remitted (Acts 2:38), or washed away (Acts 22:16). So, the purposed of baptism is to have one's sins forgiven. Also, see Rom. 6:3-4 where we see that we are baptized into Christ, that we are buried with Him (immersion) through baptism into His death and raised to walk in newness of life.

Some questions are--
  1. Have you been baptized for the remission of your sins, or did you do so because of some other reason?
  2. Were you immersed, or baptized some other way?
  3. Did you fully understand what the Bible teaches when you were baptized?
I hope these Bible answers have been of benefit to you. It is always a pleasure to provide Bible answers to someone who is truly seeking to please God.

Larry
http://www.insearchoftruth.org

larry

Rebuking An Elder In The Church

Post by larry » Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:23 am

Let me apologize for taking two weeks to respond to your question, but I have been unusually busy and am out of town as I write this.

Regarding elders, we are told in Acts 14:23 that Paul appointed them in every church where he traveled. Their qualifications are listed in I Tim. 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9. They are to oversee the church where they serve (Acts 20:28; I Pet. 5:1-4). The members are to submit to them (Heb. 13:17).

They can be corrected according to I Tim. 5: 17-21. Please note verse 19 which says “Do not admit a charge against an elder except on the evidence of two or three witnesses.” One person cannot make a charge against an elder unless he/she has other witnesses that will support and verify the evidence that is provided to make a charge against him. So, charges can be made, but it does require more people than when it is one of the members.

I hope this is helpful. If you have other questions for which you are seeking Bible answers, please feel free to write me. By the way, may I ask where you preach?

Larry
email wrote:Sent: Thursday, October 07, 2010 5:21 PM
To: larry
Subject: Rebuking An Elder In The Church

Dear larry,

First in everything I thank the Lord for inspiring you to give me
a Bible base answer and I thank you for being available to the
work of the Lord. The answer really blessed me in a way that God only
could see.

The Lord Jesus Christ has called me to preach His Word and to speak what thus says
the LORD but for now I am put under a pastor's authority who is sometime moving in the flesh
instead of the Spirit of God, I know that the sheep
don't have any business rebuking elder in the church, but is there a best way or a most humble state
to rebuke an elder?

I don't want to take all your time but I am search of the truth.
God bless you.
http://www.insearchoftruth.org