Challenge regarding the duration of hell

What can I do to be saved? Place to discuss sin and its remedy.

Moderator: grand_puba

email
Non-Member

Challenge regarding the duration of hell

Post by email » Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:22 pm

Hello I am a brother in Christ and fellow seeker of the truth. I read your article about hell and I have a challenge for you: Here it is. I would like to ask that you prayerfully read the following material: http://www.tentmaker.org/ScholarsCorner.html

I would like to know your thoughts. If you disagree could you please explain why from the Hebrew and Greek scriptures.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks and God Bless.
The above presented views do not necessarily represent any specific individual, registered on this forum or otherwise.
Who is "email"?

JSM17

Post by JSM17 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:26 pm

If you go to this gentleman's web-site this is what you will find:
Ultimate Reconciliation in Christ

What is Christian Universalism? Christian universalism is a belief in the simple Bible truth that Jesus Christ is the "Lamb who takes away the sin of the world." He is the promised Messiah of whom the prophets of the Old Covenant foresaw; He is the Savior of the world, He is the "Second Adam," through Whom all mankind will be restored to God's original image, He is the only way to the Father, the only begotton Son of God, and that there is no other way to everlasting, “aionian” life but through Him. We believe He is king and judge of the universe, and owner of all Creation, and that His purpose for the ages (aions) is to bring all things under His government and reconciled with Himself.

We believe that in His substitutionary death and resurrection He became the "Lamb who takes away the sin of the world." As Christ Himself said, "If I be lifted up (crucified) I will draw all men to me" (as also prophesied in Psalm 22). His Name is the One before which every man, woman and child, from all of human history will bow before and declare that He is Lord. At that day, the prophesied "restoration of all things" shall come to pass, and of the increase of His government and peace there shall be no end.

Dear friend are you advocating that not a single person from times past and in the future will be lost? If so please explain in more detail for use all.

Thank you

[/b]
...in flaming fire taking vengeance on those who do not know God, and on those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ.9 These shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power...