Judgement Day - how to be prepared?

What can I do to be saved? Place to discuss sin and its remedy.

Moderator: grand_puba

email
Non-Member

Judgement Day - how to be prepared?

Post by email » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:47 pm

Inquiry in Reference To: [url=http://www.insearchoftruth.org/articles/judgement.html]http://www.insearchoftruth.org/articles/judgement.html[/url]
How do we prepare ourselves for judgement day? ([b]be specific[/b])
The above presented views do not necessarily represent any specific individual, registered on this forum or otherwise.
Who is "email"?

m273p15c

Re: judgement day - how to be prepared?

Post by m273p15c » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:23 am

Specifically, one must first be converted or saved by:
  1. Hearing the gospel (Romans 10:17)
  2. Believing the gospel (Romans 10:17; Hebrews 11:6)
  3. Repenting of their sins (Acts 2:37-38)
  4. Confessing Jesus (Romans 10:10)
  5. Being baptized (Acts 2:37-38)
If you read through the book of Acts, you will see this pattern exemplified several times. You can read more about the compilation of this pattern here:

http://www.insearchoftruth.org/articles/salvation.html

In addition to completing this table for yourself, you can study more verses and answer questions on the topic yourself by completing these online lessons:
After being converted, a Christian will try to find (or establish) a nearby, local church, which he can join, fellowship, and support (Acts 9:26-28; I Corinthians 1:10; Ephesians 4:1-6). Meanwhile, he will also study his Bible regularly, examine his own character and actions, make self-correction, and seek to help others (II Timothy 2:15; 3:16-17; James 1:21-27; Titus 2:11-14; Ecclesiastes 12:13-14). All this will be done while patiently waiting on the Lord's return and Judgment Day (I Thessalonians 1:9-10; 4:9-5:11; II Thessalonians 1:3-2:17), which will occur suddenly, unexpectedly at an unknowable, unforeseeable date (Matthew 24:36-51; I Thessalonians 5:1-3; II Peter 3:1-18). As part of the Christian's growth process, he will eventually seek to teach and save others also, although the arena will vary from person to person (Hebrews 5:12-14; Ecclesiastes 12:9-11). For example, we can teach neighbors in their homes, family in our homes, coworkers at the office, etc. Public preaching is not the only form of teaching available to us.

We have several articles and sermons on our web-sites (see signature below) devoted to helping us grow as individuals and as part of a local church.

I pray you will look up each of these above verses, study them, and seek to understand them in their context. This will be more helpful than anything I could say. If you have any more questions about this topic or anything else, please let me know.

May God help us to have a sincere love of truth,

m273p15c
May God help us to love truth sincerely and supremely (II Thessalonians 2:11-12)