conquering difficult topics, overcoming discouraging errors

What can I do to be saved? Place to discuss sin and its remedy.

Moderator: grand_puba

email
Non-Member

Post by email » Tue May 15, 2012 2:02 pm

Thank you so much for all of that material; I can't wait to start digging into it. I really can't express how helpful you've been to me, in the few conversations and e-mails we've exchanged. Sometimes I feel overwhelmed by all the issues I have yet to study in depth, and by all the people who are being led away from the truth. It's easy to get discouraged especially as I see friends I've known for years start going down destructive paths. It'd be so easy (and sometimes its very tempting) to just remain in my ignorance and allow things to happen while I waste time doing something fun; the truth is, I've done that a considerable amount already. Thanks for giving me a place to start and for the encouragement to take the first steps.

Christian love
The above presented views do not necessarily represent any specific individual, registered on this forum or otherwise.
Who is "email"?

m273p15c

Post by m273p15c » Tue May 15, 2012 6:37 pm

You are more than welcome. I hope it is helpful.

Don't be discouraged. I think the truth of the matter is that every generation has its own battle (Judges 3:1-6). The nature and timing of that battle may vary wildly, but regardless, we have what we need to overcome (II Corinthians 10:3-5; Ephesians 6:10-18; II Timothy 3:16-17; Romans 8:31-39). The question is, "Are we being faithful in our generation and to them?" (Acts 13:36; Genesis 6:9)? I have every confidence you have been and will be. Turning our back helps no one and hurts everyone (Ezekiel 33:1-9; 3:18-21). With love, pursue the salvation of every opportunity given to you (Matthew 13:3-9; II Corinthians 8:12), knowing that the apostasy of some will grieve us deeply (I Corinthians 3:10-15), but the final salvation of others will bring the greatest joy (III John 4; I Thessalonians 2:19-20). With repentance and forgiveness, whatever the past may be, we must move forward with thoughts and hopes only toward the present and future (Philippians 3:13-14). The conclusion of all battles always has been and always will be in the Lord's hand and on His shoulders (II Thessalonians 2:1, 8-12). So, don't let the Devil put too much on your shoulders. And, no matter what, you are never alone (I Kings 19:18; II Timothy 4:16-17; John 16:32; Hebrews 13:5-6). :) ... I hope you find these verses helpful, as they have been to me.

God bless, and God speed,

m273p15c
May God help us to love truth sincerely and supremely (II Thessalonians 2:11-12)

email
Non-Member

Post by email » Wed May 16, 2012 2:48 pm

Just looked through the passages; they gave me a shot in the arm. A girl messaged me yesterday needing encouragement, I may give her some of these thoughts.
The above presented views do not necessarily represent any specific individual, registered on this forum or otherwise.
Who is "email"?

m273p15c

Post by m273p15c » Wed May 16, 2012 2:56 pm

Glad to hear it. I've had to rehearse them to myself many times, because tomorrow's oppression can drive us to forget what we know so well today (Ecclesiastes 7:7; II Peter 1:12-15; 3:1). ... Godspeed ... m273p15c
May God help us to love truth sincerely and supremely (II Thessalonians 2:11-12)