Re: is this false teaching and doctrine

Do you have questions about the nature, work, purpose, or pattern for the church? This is the place to share your thoughts and questions with others.

Moderator: grand_puba

email
Non-Member

finding a local church: Is this false teaching and doctrine?

Post by email » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:07 pm

in visiting a church i noticed they were never on time, they have not discipline of the children during the service, the children are constantly moving around, some are sleeping on the pews, there is no officers in place except the pastor, the assistant pastor and an usher and a treasure, the musicians and the praise team come late to every service and the word of God is only taught by two people. However the message is always on sin, there is hardly ever a service where everyone is not called to be prayed for or prophesied to. My question is if there is not order in this house which most of the members are of the same family, Should I stay if asked because my husband and I are not members of the family ? What should we do.
The above presented views do not necessarily represent any specific individual, registered on this forum or otherwise.
Who is "email"?

larry

Re: is this false teaching and doctrine

Post by larry » Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:50 pm

Thanks for visiting insearchoftruth.org. I will offer a few comments on your question.

I can appreciate visiting a church where things don’t seem to go as would seem normal. The apostle Paul said the church at Corinth had some problems along these lines. When we read I Cor. 14, we see there was some confusion when the church came together. Paul tells them in verse 40 to “let all things be done decently and in order.”

If I were you, I would probably try to find another place to worship. Let me suggest you visit the church at ...

If you decide to visit that church, I would be interested in hearing what you think.

Larry
http://www.insearchoftruth.org