I enjoyed your article on femailes in church leadership

Do you have questions about the nature, work, purpose, or pattern for the church? This is the place to share your thoughts and questions with others.

Moderator: grand_puba

email
Non-Member

I enjoyed your article on femailes in church leadership

Post by email » Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:41 pm

I enjoyed your article on females in leadership. I understand that women were not to lead men or teach according to scripture God's word. However how do u explain to other women that are in leadership, when they see names in the bible like Deborah the prophetess, Miriam the prophetess, Anna the prophetess and their were two others? When women read about these women they think they have a relevant argument that these women were in leadership and lead or taught men. Please give me insight?
The above presented views do not necessarily represent any specific individual, registered on this forum or otherwise.
Who is "email"?

m273p15c

I enjoyed your article

Post by m273p15c » Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:46 pm

This is an good question. I am thankful to hear you enjoyed our article.

The Scriptures show a subtle, but important distinction between the "leadership" that these godly women offered and that offered by godly men. If you have not already, would you mind looking at these forum posts, where similar questions were raised?
If these do not answer your questions, or if you see something that I overlooked, I would be glad to hear back from you.

Please let me know what you think. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

May God help us to have a sincere love of truth,

m273p15c
May God help us to love truth sincerely and supremely (II Thessalonians 2:11-12)