Who is "email"?
- http://www.insearchoftruth.org/articles ... ation.html
- http://www.insearchoftruth.org/articles ... tion2.html
http://www.insearchoftruth.org/articles ... html#unity
About "binding", I assume you are asking if I would draw lines of fellowship on this matter? If that's what you mean, then let me draw this parallel: Assume you met someone who believed everything you do, except he permitted instrumental music in worship. Now, let me present a few different scenarios, in which this guy's level of conviction varies. What would your relationship be with him, if:
- He demanded a piano be brought into worship and used in the singing?
- Or, he was willing to forgo its addition to the collective worship, but he routinely used it in his private worship and taught people to do the same?
- Or, he was willing to forgo both the teaching and practice of instrumental music in both the collective and individual settings, but he quietly maintained a personal belief?
- Or, he just wasn't sure about instrumental music, and he wanted a few questions answered?
Just for reference, I understand from Scripture that we should use our voices to praise God, not mechanical instruments:
- http://www.insearchoftruth.org/articles ... story.html
- http://www.insearchoftruth.org/articles ... ments.html
In many ways, I would view a brother who participated in unauthorized forms of cooperation in the same way. I would not doubt his sincerity or intentions, but I would question the authority and acceptance of this one practice. I hope this helps you better understand my concern. ... Incidentally, we must be careful not to "place the cart before the horse". Honesty and integrity should never decide truthfulness based on the consequences. Hopefully, we can discuss institutionalism (orphan homes, colleges, missionary societies) and church organization without being distracted or swayed by the ramifications in fellowship.
I look forward to hearing from you soon. I realize the "cooperation" issue may be new to you. Maybe I am the first person that you have met, who holds a differing belief. I look forward to a kind and friendly discussions regarding the Bible's teaching on such matters.
May God help us to have a sincere love of truth,