Search for a Church/minister Directory

Do you have questions about the nature, work, purpose, or pattern for the church? This is the place to share your thoughts and questions with others.

Moderator: grand_puba

TomVatkinson

Search for a Church/minister Directory

Post by TomVatkinson » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:21 am

I'm new to these fourms so this may not be the place to post this, if so excuse my ignorance and just point me to the correct place.

I'm searching for a specific church directory (for resarching I'm doing for a book). The title is "Year Book Containing List of Preachers of Churches of Christ." This was published in 1925 by R. F. Duckworth who was the editor of a periodical "The Apostolic Way." Apostolic Way was being published from Dallas, Texas by 1925 (although it had been published form Union City,GA until the editor at the time died). I don't know if it would have been credited as simply a publicaton of The Apostolic Way or under Duckworth's name.

Thus far, I can only find refrences to it in numerous sources, but my search through numerous College Libraries have not turned up the document itself.

Any assistance would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

grand_puba

Re: Search for a Church/minister Directory

Post by grand_puba » Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:49 am

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the interesting post. I checked with Bennie Johns, who is one of the best bookhounds I know, and he did not have this book or know where to get it.

Sorry, I could not provide a positive answers.

Thanks for checking. Please let me know, if you find a source for it.

The Moderator
Have you read the Rules?