YOU ARE NOT THE NEW TESTAMENT CHURCH

Do you have questions about the nature, work, purpose, or pattern for the church? This is the place to share your thoughts and questions with others.

Moderator: grand_puba

email
Non-Member

YOU ARE NOT THE NEW TESTAMENT CHURCH

Post by email » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:47 am

I just don't want you to deceive yourselves into thinking you are or have a NT pattern. Here's what the NT church looks like:
44 And all that believed were together, and had all things common;

45 And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need.

46 And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart,

47 Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.
The above presented views do not necessarily represent any specific individual, registered on this forum or otherwise.
Who is "email"?

m273p15c

Re: NEW TESTAMENT CHURCH

Post by m273p15c » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:59 am

What part of that pattern are we not following?
May God help us to love truth sincerely and supremely (II Thessalonians 2:11-12)

email
Non-Member

Post by email » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:26 pm

See Verses 44 & 45...so in essence ALL of it...see the DAILY part. Unless you/me or anyone is following this pattern, we cannot claim to be a NT church...we can say we are endeavoring to be as the NT church or that we realize we are not & so wish to be, but we cannot say we are...I think it's pretty clear...what it says it what it means.
The above presented views do not necessarily represent any specific individual, registered on this forum or otherwise.
Who is "email"?

m273p15c

Post by m273p15c » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:30 pm

I do not believe this passage is as clear as you think. ... Is this pattern consistent throughout the entire New Testament? Did all other NT churches meet daily? Or, might there have been a special need in this case? Do you know of any passages that encourage us to assemble more frequently in certain circumstances?
And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works, not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching. (Hebrews 10:24-25 NKJV)
May God help us to love truth sincerely and supremely (II Thessalonians 2:11-12)

email
Non-Member

Post by email » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:08 pm

While you are splitting hairs over these passages, the pilgrim church, the remnant, the true church of Jesus Christ continues on! Watchmen on the wall are sounding the trumpets of the demise of the USA & for that matter, the world, since satan is furiously at work against the Lord's own! I'm surprized you are still discussing this with me!
Who is "email"?

m273p15c

Post by m273p15c » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:47 pm

Oh, I'm sorry. I misunderstood your intent. I won't email you again. ... Thanks! ... m273p15c