HOW TO BE A GOOD EVANGELIST AS A WOMAN

Do you have questions about the nature, work, purpose, or pattern for the church? This is the place to share your thoughts and questions with others.

Moderator: grand_puba

email
Non-Member

HOW TO BE A GOOD EVANGELIST AS A WOMAN

Post by email » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:03 am

Inquiry in Reference To: [url=http://www.insearchoftruth.org/articles ... lists.html]http://www.insearchoftruth.org/articles ... lists.html[/url]
My dear labourers pls.help me am overwhelmed and frustrated i have been called to be an Evangelists: Am a Single mom of three trying to raise my children, evangelist, be holy, and belong to a church which share my passion of CHRIST. So far to no avail.I can.t get the right church, right pastor to help me as far motivation, encouragement. and directions etc. Pls. help cause i have come too far, and time is running out. I go out and evangelist with my heart and passion no training but am always successful and win alot of souls, because it.s my passion. TO GOD BE THE GLORY!
The above presented views do not necessarily represent any specific individual, registered on this forum or otherwise.
Who is "email"?

larry

RE: HOW TO BE A GOOD EVANGELIST AS A WOMAN

Post by larry » Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:27 pm

Thanks for this email and for the later email yesterday morning in which you completed Lesson #1 of the online Bible correspondence course. I am thankful for your interest in spiritual things.

You are to be commended for your zeal to spread the gospel and for your passion for Christ. I am sure a single mom of three children is a full time job in and of itself. Then to want to be an evangelist also speaks wonderfully to your energy toward winning souls for Christ.

Please keep in mind that the title of our website is “In Search of Truth.” Our goal is to find out what the Bible teaches and share that with others as we try to live what we learn. We do not try to be popular, and thus often find ourselves in opposition to the religious world around us. So, I’m afraid you are not going to be happy with what I have to say to you.

God’s view of male and female equality is given in passages such as Gal. 3:28—“…there is neither male or female; for you are one in Christ Jesus.” The passage is not discussing women’s role in the church, but showing that God looks upon both genders as equal sinners in need of a Savior. I Cor. 11:11—“In the Lord, neither is woman independent of man, nor is man independent of woman.” Paul’s point is one of mutual dependence (not gender independence). Men have no right to look down their noses at women any more than women to men.

It is equally clear in the New Testament that when it comes to leadership in the local assembly of the church, men are to take the lead. When Jesus chose the Twelve, He chose twelve men. After Judas took his life, God’s instructions were clear: “Let his office be given to another man”(Acts 1:20). In the qualities listed for local church leadership in I Timothy 3 and Titus 1, the first quality in each passage is that elders be males.

When it comes to assembly leadership, the Bible is plain. “Let the women keep silent in the churches; for they are not permitted to speak…for it is improper for a woman to speak in church”(I Cor. 14:34-35). The passage is not discussing a home setting or a small group Bible study, but a public assembly when the church comes together. The word “speak” is in the context of leadership. She is not to lead the assembly, as a prophet would do (vv.27,29). It is not saying she cannot speak a word, just that she can’t take the lead.

I Tim. 2:11-12 also refers to a mixed gathering of men and women. “But I do not allow a woman to teach or exercise authority over a man”(v. 12). It is the men (not women) who are mentioned specifically in v. 8 as being the leaders of prayers. The import of these passages is clear.

Now, that does not mean women do not have an important role to play. They are just as important as men, and will go to heaven just like faithful men, but their work in the church is different. If you are still reading as this point and have an interest in what that work is, I would be pleased to share what the Bible teaches.

Sincerely,

Larry
http://www.insearchoftruth.org