What is Church is this?

Do you have questions about the nature, work, purpose, or pattern for the church? This is the place to share your thoughts and questions with others.

Moderator: grand_puba

email
Non-Member

What is Church is this?

Post by email » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:53 pm

Inquiry in Reference To: [url=http://www.insearchoftruth.org/about.html]http://www.insearchoftruth.org/about.html[/url]
I have read several articles about Instrumental music and the essential of Baptism that is not demoniational website. So is the Church of Christ?
The above presented views do not necessarily represent any specific individual, registered on this forum or otherwise.
Who is "email"?

m273p15c

What is Church is this?

Post by m273p15c » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:25 pm

The answer to your question is yes and no.

The ISOT web-site is operated by a handful of individuals without any form of sponsorship from any local church. In fact, where I worship, most of the members do not even know that I help on this web-site. :) So, it is individually owned and operated, and we are not beholden to tote the water for any denomination. Our allegiance is only to Christ.

However, I am a member of a local church of Christ, as are the other volunteers, who help contribute to the ISOT site, so naturally the teaching on the web-site is similar to what many label - and sadly, hastily, regrettably dismiss - as "Church of Christ" doctrine.

Now, if you are thinking of the church of Christ as just another denomination, it is important to know that, at least where I attend, we are very much opposed to the notion and acceptability of denominations in general, because the Lord wanted unity among His believers - not division. Please read more here:

http://www.insearchoftruth.org/articles ... html#unity

Beside being one instance of a Bible-based reference (Romans 16:16), "Church of Christ" is not a "magic" label. There is no guarantee that every "Church of Christ" is following the New Testament pattern (Revelation 2-3), neither is there any guarantee that every attendee is going to heaven (III John 9-10). In fact, Jesus' condemnation found in Matthew 7:21-23 is issued to people who had worked in Jesus' name and were surprised to be turned away:
"Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. Many will say to Me in that day, 'Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?' And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!'" (Matthew 7:21-23 NKJV)
Therefore, as soon as we become so elevated in our own esteem to believe this could not happen to us, or we gamble that God would somehow play favorites in our favor (Acts 10:34; Romans 2:11; I Peter 1:17), we are surely in danger of this warning and need to heed it. So, please don't think that we trust too much in the sign's label that adorns our meeting house. :) And, also, please don't turn away, because our desire is to just what the Lord says in His Word - no more, no less (Galatians 1:6-8; Revelation 22:18-19; I Peter 4:11). I hope that is your interest as well.

I pray you find this helpful. If you have any more thoughts, feedback, or questions, I would love to hear them. I hope to hear you from you soon.

May God help us to have a sincere love of truth (II Thessalonians 2:9-12),

m273p15c
May God help us to love truth sincerely and supremely (II Thessalonians 2:11-12)