Along what paths has the Lord led you to be you?

Do you have questions about the nature, work, purpose, or pattern for the church? This is the place to share your thoughts and questions with others.

Moderator: grand_puba

email
Non-Member

Along what paths has the Lord led you to be you?

Post by email » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:21 am

Inquiry in Reference To: [url=http://www.insearchoftruth.org/about.html]http://www.insearchoftruth.org/about.html[/url]
I read through the pattern of God and enjoyed it immensely. I am a independent disciple of Christ and although I attend and support a local Church, I am continuing to not take mans word for anything. LOVE reigns but not like the world knows LOVE. I really would like to know your back ground or paths the Lord has lead you through and roads he has gotten you off of.
The above presented views do not necessarily represent any specific individual, registered on this forum or otherwise.
Who is "email"?

m273p15c

Re: Along what paths has the Lord led you to be you?

Post by m273p15c » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:48 am

Sorry for the delay. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the article and are diligent to look to God's Word for His will, instead of looking to man's word.

The ISOT web-site is owned and operated by a few individuals, who each attend non-denominational churches of Christ. Like all truthseekers, we have had to fight the mindless hold of tradition and look to God's Word to understand His will for us and His church. Historically, churches of Christ have sought to follow just what the Bible teachers and operate without any form of creed or organization beyond what the Bible itself provides. However, like any ideal followed by lots of people over many generations, some have come to follow more closely and zealously than others. Sadly, some have lapsed into a type of social, civility club, whereas others have latched onto a new tradition, which they follow mindlessly. But, some continue to look to God's Word for authority in all they do, while seeking to do good and help others.

If you have any more thoughts or questions on Bible topics, I would love to hear them.

Thanks so much for your encouragement as well as your interest in spiritual things! :)

May God help us to have a sincere love of truth,

m273p15c
May God help us to love truth sincerely and supremely (II Thessalonians 2:11-12)