question about congregational support of orphans\widows

Do you have questions about the nature, work, purpose, or pattern for the church? This is the place to share your thoughts and questions with others.

Moderator: grand_puba

email
Non-Member

question about congregational support of orphans\widows

Post by email » Tue Nov 11, 2003 11:43 am

Hi,

I have a few questions about the support of orphan homes and the such like. I attend a church that does not support the homes, but we don't condemn the churches in town that do. My first question: is it a matter of salvation? Will church support of a orphan home or nursing home be the reason for lost souls on judgement day? Also, what is the explanation of "let not the church be charged" in 1 Timothy 5:16? Then finally, what is the best way for individuals or churches to support the orphans and widows? These are just a few questions that have come to my mind as I have been reading your webpage. They are not meant as any kind of challenge or grounds for debate, just a curious mind wanting a better understanding. Thank you for you time.
The above presented views do not necessarily represent any specific individual, registered on this forum or otherwise.
Who is "email"?