Apostles today? What about Barnabas and James?

Discuss topics related to the nature, character, and work of the Holy Spirit, including related topics of miracles, signs, and inspiration. Also included are apostles, because of their miraculous deeds.

Moderator: grand_puba

email
Non-Member

Apostles today? What about Barnabas and James?

Post by email » Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:27 pm

I am posting about Apostles and during my study I have found a couple of others that you failed to mention in yours.

Acts 14:14 says that Barnabas and Paul were both called apostles.

Also, and I can't recall the exact verse right now, but Paul is telling of his visit to Jerusalem and says that he saw none of the apostles, save, James the brother of our Lord. And of course he mentioned spending , I believe, 14 days with Peter.

I firmly believe that Ephesians 4 teaches us that Apostles,Prophets,Evangelist,preachers and teachers were a gift from God to the Body and also believe that they are VERY much needed in the Body today just as much as ever. The early Apostles were more than todays "church planters" that we see some "modern (A)postles" operate in.

Thanks for your time and be blessed.
The above presented views do not necessarily represent any specific individual, registered on this forum or otherwise.
Who is "email"?