Musical Instruments in Modern Music of the Church

Big words relating to interpreting the Bible and the study of *how* we determine what God wants us to do.

Moderator: grand_puba

email
Non-Member

Post by email » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:39 am

If we have been commanded to use only vocal style music in modern church worship, which is what I am gathering from what I have been reading throughout your study, then why does God consitently show up and show Himself strong in thousands of worship services around the world today despite the fact that we are using musical instruments? I don't think that The One True Living God who is perfect in all His ways, who is without sin, be in our midst if we were practicing something that is, in your mind, so clearly wrong. As a matter of fact, in our worhsip services, sometimes the presence of God is so powerful that words cannot describe our emotions, and "instrumental music" becomes true worship. It is a common occurance for our "instrumental music" to become prophetic, out of it comes lyrical content that glorifies God and admonishes people. Who are you to try and say that God is going to reject my/our worship towards Him based only on the fact that we are using "instrumental music" to worship Him. By the way, Worship is a lifestyle, we live worship, we breathe worship. Do you think that the fact that I use "instrumental music" in my cooperate worship services negates my lifestyle of worhsip towards God? Maybe you should pray about what worship truley is and you will find the truth that you "truthseekers" are looking for, true worship isn't about music, vocally or instrumentally, its about your lifestyle, and your motivation for holiness. The Bible tells us that if we seek him with all our hearts we will find Him, The Bible also tells us that He is the Truth, Maybe instead of seeking answers to unnecessary debatable questions, you should seek Him. Maybe you should try fueling the fires of unity among the body of Christ instead of encouraging debate that you obviously don't understand yourself. Let us be a people who are "Godseekers" that is the only way to fully understand the revelation of His truths.
The above presented views do not necessarily represent any specific individual, registered on this forum or otherwise.
Who is "email"?

m273p15c

Post by m273p15c » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:03 am

Thanks for your inquiry. To answer your question, I would like to ask you two questions: First, what does this verse mean?
"Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. Many will say to Me in that day, 'Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?' And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!'" (Matthew 7:21-23)
Second, what is the standard or basis that you are using for determining God's will - right from wrong? It seems you are using your personal experience and emotion as the primary factor in determining what is right. Have I misread your email?

There is no sarcasm or malice intended in these questions. I am only trying to open a dialog by establishing a common platform that we both can work from. I look forward to your reply.

May God help us to have a sincere love of truth,

m273p15c
May God help us to love truth sincerely and supremely (II Thessalonians 2:11-12)