Strategy for the Refutation of Calvinsim

Is Calvinism taught in the Bible? Does man have free-will? Can a Christian apostatize? Discuss all related questions here.

Moderator: grand_puba

Ambassador95

Strategy for the Refutation of Calvinsim

Post by Ambassador95 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:10 am

Hello, I have been corresponding with some Calvinists recently through an online forum. As I have been discussing different things with them, it seems that there are many contradictions that span their five-point system but which are difficult to nail down in conversation as a result of much of their theological maneuverings. To try and find an effective way to point out these errors within their system, I have tried to develop a series of “True/False” questions that attempted to demonstrate that the Calvinist system is self-contradictory. I was wandering if you all would be interested in having a look and giving me your feedback both on the merits of the questions themselves and on the effectiveness of this strategy.

I have not launched this into “enemy territory” yet and these questions are still in a semi-primitive stage, but I would really like to get some thoughts from someone other than me! Ideally, each question servers either one or two purposes, or both: (1) to establish a point of view which has implications, (2) to express the implications of some view. Most questions have both purposes and are interconnected with many other questions. Please also note that I am defining free-will as having the ability to choose between A and B and, having chosen A, having also had the ability to choose B even if you did not want to choose B at the time. This is also known as “libertarian free-will.” The questions which I have come up with are as follows:

-----

[1] T / F --- There is only one Gospel.
[2] T / F --- The Gospel and the teachings which characterize Calvinism are identical (that is, when one teaches Calvinism, he also teaches the Gospel and vise-versa).
[3] T / F --- Any person teaching a false doctrine relative to Calvinism is accursed of God.
[4] T / F --- Any person teaching false doctrine relative to the Gospel is accursed of God
[5] T / F --- The warnings against teaching false doctrine relative to the Gospel are addressed to the elect.
[6] T / F --- God decreed that Adam and Eve should eat of the forbidden fruit.
[7] T / F --- God has not, nor ever will temp any member of the human race with sin.
[8] T / F --- Christ had every attribute of men living today.
[9] T / F --- Christ can sympathize with the weakness of our natures.
[10] T / F --- Adam and Eve, prior to The Fall, could have sympathized with the weakness of our natures.
[11] T / F --- Christ had free-will while on Earth.
[12] T / F --- Every human that has been or will be conceived was or will be tainted with Original Sin.
[13] T / F --- Those with Original Sin are spiritually dead.
[14] T / F --- Those with Original Sin are just as evil as the Devil in the eyes of God from the time of conception.
[15] T / F --- No person having Original Sin at the time of death can enter Heaven.
[16] T / F --- There will be infants in Hell.
[17] T / F --- Those tainted with Original Sin have no free-will.
[18] T / F --- Those who have been regenerated by the Holy Spirit have no free-will.
[19] T / F --- Adam and Eve had free-will before The Fall.
[20] T / F --- Given identical circumstances, it would have been at least possible for Adam and Eve to have resisted Satan before The Fall.
[21] T / F --- Adam and Eve had free-will after The Fall.
[22] T / F --- John the Baptist was born with Original Sin.
[23] T / F --- John the Baptist had free-will.
[24] T / F --- David’s son who died in infancy was born with Original Sin.
[25] T / F --- David’s son who died in infancy was one of the elect.
[26] T / F --- David’s son who died in infancy had no sin whatsoever at the time of his death.
[27] T / F --- All who die in infancy are elect.
[28] T / F --- All who are non-elect cannot become elect.
[29] T / F --- All who are elect cannot become non-elect.
[30] T / F --- Elect persons cannot teach false doctrine relative to salvation.
[31] T / F --- Elect persons are not imputed with Original Sin upon conception.
[32] T / F --- Elect persons are in an actualized state of salvation from the very beginning of their existence.
[33] T / F --- Elect persons are in an actualized state of salvation only after the Holy Spirit regenerates them.
[34] T / F --- Elect persons cannot be in an actualized state of salvation prior to faith being exercised.
[35] T / F --- Elect persons cannot be in an actualized state of salvation prior to repentance.
[36] T / F --- Elect persons cannot be in an actualized state of salvation prior to confession.
[37] T / F --- There is nothing that happens which God has not first decreed.
[38] T / F --- Those who die in a state of denial of Christ as their savior Christ did not die for.
[39] T / F --- Spiritual death, being the consequence of Original Sin, was actualized in every person from the very beginning of each individual’s existence due to Adam’s sin.
[40] T / F --- Spiritual life was actualized in every person from the very beginning of each individual’s existence due to Christ’s righteous act.
[41] T / F --- The Holy Spirit only indwells those individuals who are elect.
[42] T / F --- The city of Nineveh was saved because of God’s grace.
[43] T / F --- The city of Nineveh was saved because of the people’s work of repentance.
[44] T / F --- The city of Nineveh would have been destroyed had the people not repented.
[45] T / F --- Namman was healed by the grace of God.
[46] T / F --- Namman was healed by dipping in the Jordan seven times.
[47] T / F --- Namman would have been healed if he had refused to dip in the Jordan seven times.
[48] T / F --- The pronouncement stating that “he who does not believe shall be condemned” concerns, in particular, one’s belief relative to the Bible’s teaching on salvation.
[49] T / F --- The pronouncement stating that “he who believes and is baptized shall be saved” is a true statement that refers specifically to the Bible’s teaching on salvation.
[50] T / F --- Men living today, apart from the miraculous working of the Holy Spirit, are incapable of anything relative to obedience to God as a result of Original Sin.
[51] T / F --- Angels have free-will.
[52] T / F --- Angels are either elect or non-elect just as humans are either elect or non-elect.
[53] T / F --- No being which is non-elect can have residence in Heaven.
[54] T / F --- An individual is cleansed of Original sin in addition to all other sin when the Holy Spirit miraculously indwells them.

-----

So there is a lot to go through there, but any feedback would be much appreciated.
Study to show yourself approved as a worker not needing to be ashamed. Therefore, rightly divide the word of God, for if any man speaks, let him speak as the oracles of God.