Be Prepared !

Place to discuss the reasons for our faith (I Peter 3:15)

Moderator: grand_puba

twinc

Be Prepared !

Post by twinc » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:18 am

The great scoutmaster Peter said this at 1Peter 3:15-16 but our adults and children have not been prepared so parents cannot even help that 97% of Catholic school leavers walk away from the Church every year.The cause is known by some as is the remedy which just has not been implemented - any useful comments - twinc

m273p15c

Re: Be Prepared !

Post by m273p15c » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:17 pm

Not to be antagonistic, but it seems you have assumed that it is bad that people are leaving the Catholic church. If people are leaving to join churches that are more like the Bible pattern, would that not be good?
May God help us to love truth sincerely and supremely (II Thessalonians 2:11-12)

twinc

Post by twinc » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:54 am

m273p15c wrote:Not to be antagonistic, but it seems you have assumed that it is bad that people are leaving the Catholic church. If people are leaving to join churches that are more like the Bible pattern, would that not be good?
- do you mean like good,better,best but in reverse but on an ever away from the Church spiral - what I am trying to warn against seems to also blight Christian children of other Christian denominations - so shall we stay awhile with the question - twinc

m273p15c

Post by m273p15c » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:08 am

twinc wrote:do you mean like good,better,best but in reverse but on an ever away from the Church spiral - what I am trying to warn against seems to also blight Christian children of other Christian denominations - so shall we stay awhile with the question - twinc
Friend, every thread you have begun is built upon the foundation of the Catholic church. If you want to pull the Catholic church out of your question, then I will be happy to speak to your original question. But, I cannot ignore your fundamental question until then.
May God help us to love truth sincerely and supremely (II Thessalonians 2:11-12)