The way is within you!

Place to discuss the reasons for our faith (I Peter 3:15)

Moderator: grand_puba

email
Non-Member

The way is within you!

Post by email » Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:13 pm

Dear seekers,

Seek your Soul deep in your heart. Listen to the voice of God.

Do not be judgemental or self righteous.

God is everywhere. Jesus said we were all the sons of God and we should strive to find his perfection in us.

The true teachings of Christ have been deluded by Dogma. But in your heart you will find him. That is the true rapture.

Ponder this thought...what if you had budhist parents and lived in the deepest China all your life? Would you just have bad Karma?

NO. "In my fathers house are many mansions".

Godd love you!
The above presented views do not necessarily represent any specific individual, registered on this forum or otherwise.
Who is "email"?

m273p15c

Post by m273p15c » Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:46 pm

"There is a way that seems right to a man, But its end is the way of death." (Proverbs 14:12)

"He who trusts in his own heart is a fool, But whoever walks wisely will be delivered." (Proverbs 28:26)

"O LORD, I know the way of man is not in himself; It is not in man who walks to direct his own steps." (Jeremiah 10:23)

"Jesus said to him, 'I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.'" (John 14:6)
King Solomon, the wisest king of all eastern kings, wrote the Proverbs. If he could not find salvation in his own heart, then how can we expect to do so, who are far less trained in wisdom? Jeremiah, one of the most thoughtful prophets came to a similar conclusion. In contrast, what authority said the way was in our heart?

Jesus claimed to be the one and only way. If He is true, then there is only one way to the one God. If He is not true, then He was either a liar or a lunatic. If He is either a liar or a lunatic, then nothing He said could be trusted, in which case there might be many ways, just not through Jesus.

I'm willing to consider these two possibilities with you. If you are willing to consider this question, "Was Jesus the Son of God?", then I'll be glad to study with you. If you had other pressing issues, I would be glad to additionally consider them.

May God bless us with humble, truth-seeking hearts.

BTW, if you grew up a Buddhist in the middle of China, God would not overlook you, because He loves all and wants all to come to a saving knowledge of the truth (II Peter 3:9). If such a person wanted to know the truth, they would find it (Matthew 7:7-11), even if God had to send them a teacher (Acts 8:4-40; 10:1-6). He has many saints in China, some of the best alive. China offers no difficulty to God.
Last edited by m273p15c on Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

email
Non-Member

Post by email » Sat Jan 10, 2004 1:12 pm

Dear Seeker,

We have always been Sons and Daughters of God. (As Jesus said)and will always be. God is Love and there is no eternal damnation (although men want there to be).

The literal interpretation of the king james bible is very fallible; Religion(and greed)are the cause of Wars. Peace is within your Heart (God is there!)

I pray that understanding comes to you within this life time.

I believe Christ's teachings have been lost and mostly forgotten. Paul's letters are just that...letters. (and he didn't know the Kings english).

In Corinthians the phrase "when that which is perfect has come". Means when we finally become as Christ wanted...: PERFECT(be ye perfect).If we aren't Angels now, we wont be when we die either! It could take many incarnations. What makes us think we live once? Traditional erroneous thinking!

There is a movie called "Ground Hog day" with Bill Murry, that is symbolic of re-incarnation. He repeats the same day until he learns the beauty to life.

That is what God let's us do. Play here until we grow tired and seek him in every way. Hell is here my friend; But if we wake up and see- God is all- and in all Beings and we are never separate from him, our nightmare becomes a sweet dream. God is calling us always "awake my child,I am within you and you in me".

To fear God is to keep him from your Heart to Know him is to Love him.

Most important message: GOD IS LOVE!

I suggest you study all great Hindu and Buddhist teachings and highly reccomend The "Bagavad Gita". It is very comforting to know God doesn't punish us; we punish ourselves.

Another quote I like is "We are all a little crazy but don't know it, because we hang around the same crazy people". That can apply to any group of people regardless of faith.

May God guide your Heart and not Religious Dogma.

Your last question. Yes Jesus the Man, was A Son of God.

He became so blessed he became-Christ.

Miracles still happen and God talks to us now, no differently than 2000 years ago. And there are spiritual Gifts! Knock and it shall be opened seek and you will find.

I wish not to cause hard feelings and I respect your beliefs but you need not to respond. YOUR heart knows what you mind does not.

May God Love you forever
The above presented views do not necessarily represent any specific individual, registered on this forum or otherwise.
Who is "email"?

m273p15c

Post by m273p15c » Tue Jan 13, 2004 9:52 pm

Jim,

Do you have any time for advice on this one? I'm inclined to dismiss them as a nut, but I'd like to respond back one last time with at least a sentence or two. Obviously, a point for point discussion would be wasted, but it seems like there should be something for them to consider.

This kind of reasoning, or lack thereof, is not something to which I'm accustomed.

thanks!
Last edited by m273p15c on Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jim

Post by jim » Wed Jan 14, 2004 9:57 am

His/her response is typical of any kind of idol worship. He is entirely subjective in his own reasoning which means that reasoning with him is impossible -- he is always the standard for his belief. For instance, he says that he believes that that Christ's teachings have been lost and mostly forgotten. Upon what basis does he believe that? Logical, valid conclusions are always based on evidence. Where is his evidence for making that affirmation?

God claims to be God because he has the ability to predict the future and takes issue with idols to show their impotence and the foolishness of those who believe in them -- note Isa. 41:21-24; 44:6-17. That kind of evidence can be examined by proving that God prophesied things and they came to pass as scripture records. I would say to him that he is a very foolish man to put his trust in his subjective feelings and eastern religions that have no real answers to man's sin and offers man no real hope. I would ask him who made the statutes of Budda or other images to which they bow down?

He will learn the truth too late. It is surely comforting to him that God does not punish but his believe is totally contrary to evidence of revelation. Ask him if he is really willing to face death with no more answers than what he feels to be truth?

The simplest answer to reincarnation is, "It is appointed unto men once to die and after this the judgment," (Heb. 9:27).

The only way you can reach a person like this is to examine the evidence for the inspiration and authority of the scriptures. If he will examine that kind of evidence, then his thinking can change. If he will not discuss that with you, you will be wasting your time.

Jim

m273p15c

Post by m273p15c » Fri Jan 23, 2004 3:19 pm

Dear friend,

If you are willing to study the objective facts about the inspiration of the Bible, let me know. For starters, I'd like to see some proof of your allegations that the Bible is untrustworthy.
Last edited by m273p15c on Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

email
Non-Member

Post by email » Sun Jan 25, 2004 9:54 pm

Interpretations are untrustworthy. The Bible was written by divine men inspired of God on a deep spiritual level. You cannot take it literal.

It becomes judgemental jibberish inspired by Satan when it is taken word for word...Every Man will interpret it differently. Highly Spiritual people do not use it to condemn others. People, though well intentioned,follow other people who think they know the Bible and become DENOMINATIONS of Self righteous Concregations.

The Bible is a Great scripture for study and can be understood only in the Heart never through the mindonly.You cannot express the Love of God through words...only deeds.

Believe me, no one Group of Folks has God all to themselves. He loves all.

Thank God he doesn't judge the way us humans do!

I wish you the Love of God and hope for the same from you.
Who is "email"?

m273p15c

Post by m273p15c » Mon Jan 26, 2004 10:31 am

Dear friend,

Have you ever tried that line of reasoning in math class? How about physics? What about psychology? Men write words every day, and not only do they expect you to understand them, but they grade you on it. They demand you understand it. Do you know how to read a map and drive from, let's say, Alabama to Georgia along I-85? If man has the ability to communicate so clearly about so many things, then why can't God? Are you saying God can't use words to communicate? It seems as though you are the one limiting God.

Unless you have some proof of your assertions, they remain just that, assertions.

thanks!
Last edited by m273p15c on Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

email
Non-Member

Post by email » Mon Mar 22, 2004 4:56 pm

Friend,

Are you limiting God to MERE words ONLY?
Who is "email"?

m273p15c

Post by m273p15c » Tue Mar 23, 2004 9:59 pm

Dear friend,

Conversely, are you saying that God cannot express Himself using words? Or, does He have the power to create an intelligent being, capable of communicating with its Creator in any way the Creator sees fit? BTW, Who do you think gave man the ability to talk? Who do you think was the source of the original language as well as all the other languages?

If you're willing to study, let me know.
Last edited by m273p15c on Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

email
Non-Member

Post by email » Wed Mar 24, 2004 4:52 pm

Good Soul,

I am studying. Since 93 I have studied every religion and have realized God is LOVE and he alone gives us inspiration to write and understand Scripture. I hope and pray you and I become so filled with Christ in our hearts that we don't even see sin. Satan is the force that keeps man from understanding Gods word.

Yes I believe God can use Words! But I will try to my dying day to feel him in my every heart beat; thats our only shield from Satans ignorance.

I am glad I have met you and feel it is for a reason, nothing is by chance. My sister has been a member Of the Church of Christ since 74. I admire the humble Love of you guys. But Dear friend I feel a desire to be Spiritual and not religious at this point in Life. I will continue to read the Bible. Write anytime. May the Love of God be in you! Blessed by his Grace!
Who is "email"?

m273p15c

Post by m273p15c » Sat Mar 27, 2004 1:25 pm

Dear friend,

You have not studied the Bible to closely, if you believe that it leads you to be "religious" and not "spiritual".
John wrote:"But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him. God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth." (John 4:23-24)
Even in the Old Covenant, God's desire for spiritual devotion was present:
Micah wrote:"With what shall I come before the LORD, And bow myself before the High God? Shall I come before Him with burnt offerings, With calves a year old? Will the LORD be pleased with thousands of rams, Ten thousand rivers of oil? Shall I give my firstborn for my transgression, The fruit of my body for the sin of my soul? He has shown you, O man, what is good; And what does the LORD require of you But to do justly, To love mercy, And to walk humbly with your God?" (Micah 6:6-8)
I'm sorry, but you seem to have a very inaccurate and poor assessment of true Christianity.
Last edited by m273p15c on Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

email
Non-Member

Post by email » Tue Mar 30, 2004 4:42 pm

God Bless you on your path. May religious Dogma lose its grip and the Holy Spirit guide your mind and soul.
Who is "email"?