Question on swearing and using the Lords name in vain

Ask moral related questions. What things are right and wrong? What should we do and not do?

Moderator: grand_puba

email
Non-Member

Question on swearing and using the Lords name in vain

Post by email » Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:39 pm

Inquiry in Reference To: [url=http://www.insearchoftruth.org/articles/language.html]http://www.insearchoftruth.org/articles/language.html[/url]
Good Morning,

I have a question. I felt God speaking to me to visit a young girl living in our street, to tell her about Jesus, that He loves her and about HIS salvation for our sins, I could sense she has a lot of pain and struggles in her life, I told her about Jesus, she said that she did give her life to Jesus, but what puzzles me is, she swears all the time, using God's name in Vain and using vulgar language and telling me that she is in love with the woman across the street and that she is depressed because the woman wont leave her husband for her. She said I must visit again, but I don't feel like visiting again. I started to ignore her when I drive past her house, I feel bad ignoring her but my heart aches when she swears, curse and use the Lord's name in vain and telling me about the woman she is in love with. Is it OK for me to ignore her now after telling her about Jesus? What must I do? Tell her why I won't visit again?

Regards
The above presented views do not necessarily represent any specific individual, registered on this forum or otherwise.
Who is "email"?

larry

RE: Question on swearing and using the Lords name in vain

Post by larry » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:17 pm

Thanks for visiting insearchoftruth.org and for your question. I will try to give you a Bible based answer.

When we consider how Jesus interacted with people while on earth, it seems to me He would encourage you to continue visiting with your friend, especially since she has requested you do so. I will give you just one example of how Jesus treated sinners from Mark 2:15-17—

“Now it happened, as He was dining in Levi’s house, that many tax collectors and sinners also sat together with Jesus

and His disciples; for there were many, and they followed Him. And when the Scribes and Pharisees saw Him eating

with the tax collectors and sinners, they said to His disciples, ‘How is it that He eats and drinks with tax collectors

and sinners?’ When Jesus heard it, He said to them, ‘Those who are well have no need for a physician, but those

who are sick. I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners, to repentance.’”

Here is an example of Jesus interacting with those who were sinners. How do we teach people if we don’t spend time with them. Visiting and teaching is not the same as participating. By visiting and teaching, you would not be sharing in your friend’s sins. But how are going to be able to help her if you ignore her? People rarely change overnight. It takes time and patience.

Reread the gospels and you will see all the times Jesus worked with sinners.

I hope this is helpful.

Larry
http://www.insearchoftruth.org

email
Non-Member

Post by email » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:28 am

Thank you so much for the reply, I really appreciate it.

I will continue to visit my friend, like you said no one changes overnight it is a process.

Thanks again, Now I know what is the right thing to do. I can't ignore her.

Kind Regards
The above presented views do not necessarily represent any specific individual, registered on this forum or otherwise.
Who is "email"?

larry

Post by larry » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:28 am

I am glad you are pleased. Good luck with the teaching.
http://www.insearchoftruth.org