"A stiff apology is a second insult."

Container for all otherwise uncategorized thoughts and meanderings.

Moderator: grand_puba

will

"A stiff apology is a second insult."

Post by will » Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:08 pm

G. K. Chesterton wrote:"A stiff apology is a second insult... The injured party does not want to be compensated because he has been wronged; he wants to be healed because he has been hurt." Gilbert K. Chesterton
With My inserted comments:

"A stiff (i.e., reluctantly extended, or extracted via duress vs voluntary and gracious) apology is a second insult... The injured party does not want to be compensated because he has been wronged; he wants to be healed because he has been hurt."
Gilbert K. Chesterton

Now Consider this from Michelle Malkin (In Townhall.com Article) and comments on 8 Oct 10:
" (He / They) offered a sulky, non-apology apology to "everybody who was offended."
" Note that they always begin their statements with the word "IF" we/I, etc. NEVER EVER in a million years will you hear them just say:

- "I'm sorry that I/we offended you, and upon reflection this [e.g. movie (or statement)] was indeed in bad taste and will be removed or retracted. No instead, they'll offer a lame apology, while remaining arrogant and defiant and basically declaring themselves above reproach "
In Him for truth.