how do we know that we have eternal life?

What can I do to be saved? Place to discuss sin and its remedy.

Moderator: grand_puba

larry

how do we know that we have eternal life?

Post by larry » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:42 pm

Thanks for visiting insearchoftruth.org. Sorry for the delay in responding. We can know we have eternal life. We just have to do what the Bible says.

Jesus said we are to love God with all our heart and our neighbor as ourself (Mt. 22:36-40). Jesus said if we love Him, we will keep His commandments (Jn. 14:15). His commandments are recorded in His word, the Bible (II Timothy 3:16-17).

Jesus said the following:

Believe (Jn.3:16)

Repent (Luke 13:3)

Confess (Mt. 1O:32)

Be baptized (Mark 16:16)

Peter said to repent and be baptized foe the remission of sins (Acts 2:38)

Paul was told to be baptized and wash away his sins (Acts 22:16)

Then we are to be faithful unto death and we will receive the crown of life (Rev. 2:10). This is the hard part, but it can be done.

Being faithful means we have to go to work and serve our Lord. James says in chapter 2 verse 18, "I will show you my faith by my works." He also says in verse 24 of chapter 2, "You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only." These are good works which God has prepared for us (Eph. 2:10).

Some of those works are---

Mt. 25:31-46

Romans 12:9-21

Galatians 6:1-10

James 1:27

Hebrews 10:25

If you commit your life to Christ and do the things outlined in the scriptures I have listed above, you can know you have eternal life.

I will be happy to address any questions you may have after you have read and studied all the scriptures listed.

Larry

email wrote:Subject: [ISOT] autonomy of the local church

comments: how do we know that we have eternal life?
http://www.insearchoftruth.org