At what point is one saved ????????

What can I do to be saved? Place to discuss sin and its remedy.

Moderator: grand_puba

JSM17

At what point is one saved ????????

Post by JSM17 » Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:41 pm

Please put these things in order!

BAPTISM
LOVING GOD
REPENTANCE OF SIN
BELIEVING IN CHRIST
CONFESSING CHRIST
SALVATION OCCURS
HEARING THE GOSPEL
RECEIVING THE HOLY SPIRIT

ALL THESE THINGS ARE FOUND IN THE N.T., PUT THEM IN ORDER IN WHICH THEY TAKE PLACE FOR US TODAY!

truth

Post by truth » Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:55 pm

sorry not here to play games.
but to answer the qustion please read mat 10:22 And YOU will be objects of hatred by all people on account of my name; but he that has endured to the end is the one that will be saved.
it would seem you have to keep working till the day you die.

JSM17

Post by JSM17 » Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:13 pm

First it is not a game, it is a way for people to see the movement of the things of obedience, and to see where logically things fall into place. You do not have to post if you do not wish to place these things in order, the point was and is that at a certain point within these items one receives salvation, but when. Of course logically if people are forced to put these these things in order then they might see that they have not understood GOD and how logical He really is.

I do not see it as a game, but it could make for some interesting conversation.

truth

Post by truth » Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:49 pm

just a question JSM17
are you a once saved always saved kind of person?

JSM17

Post by JSM17 » Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:33 am

NO I AM NOT, ARE YOU?

Rev 2:10
Be faithful until death, and I will give you the crown of life.
NKJV

Maybe you have misunderstood the intentions of my post?

To better understand my position of this matter which has nothing to do with my original post look at the post ONCE SAVED ALWAYS SAVED!.

I am just trying to get people to understand God's plan for man and his salvation, we all can conlude that the items are biblical, it is interesting to see how they fit logically and to see how people try to force them where they do not belong. They also have a hard time placing salvation in the correct spot, they also have a hard time identifying when one starts to love God, at what point in the list?

So once again if some would please try to put these things in order we might learn something, but if you want to talk about once saved always saved then look else where. Lets stay focused on the original post this time.

JSM17

Post by JSM17 » Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:42 am

This is a challenge that should easily be refuted by the evangelical world, I know it seems gamish (if that is even a word) but it will serve its purpose if people would step up to the challenge and put these things in order. Certainly if we have assurance in Christ then these items shall be a breeze to put in order.

"Truth" would not try because it seemed to be to much of a game, or is it because it is troubling, is it because we might realize something and actually have to make some changes?

JSM17

Post by JSM17 » Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:56 am

I am really suprised that I have no partakers for this post, something that seems so easy for so many to argue about. The simple task of setting this items in order seems to be tough our useless. Again this post is for the purpose of showing how logical all these things go together. I will even help start the list.

1. Hearing the gospel, the word of God.

This must come first logically, for no other circumstance can preceed this, even though there may be some who will try to defend that repentance should come before faith which is next in our order. Romans 10:17

2.Believing in Christ.

Certainly one cannot refute that one must first hear the word of God before he can believe in God.

3.Loving God.

This is were it gets interesting, before someone will actually start thinking about changing for God, which implies free will to choose whether or not we want to change, one has to realize some things about God. When one says he believes in Christ there is more there than just a subjective proclamation of Christ's deity. It is about understanding who, what, where, why, when, finally realizing the love that God has shown you, that love will drive you to repentance.

Rom 2:4-5
4 Or do you despise the riches of His goodness, forbearance, and longsuffering, not knowing that the goodness of God leads you to repentance?
NKJV

God loved us so He gave us His only begotten Son, and in doing so that goodness causes us to have sorrow for the things we have done against Him, which in turn leads us to repent. So it is well siad than without a love for God one cannot be saved and cannot have saving faith with out it.

Concider this, if a person hears the word and proclaims a Christ, but does not come to a realization of God's goodness,love for us can he rally truly say that he believes or has faith in this Christ that he proclaims?

Love is an action word, imagine if God said He loved us and then did nothing, would we think that God really loved us? Imagine a God who loved us and did all these great things for us and then we did nothing to show our love back to Him.

So as we look at the list so far it cannot be changed to this point, HEAR, BELIEVE,LOVE......Whats next?

Remember no love, no change, no change, no love, no belief, faith without love is dead!

Some say they believe in Christ, but they must believe in a Christ that did not teach change from one state into the next, if we say we beleive in Christ and then advocate no further obligation to God then we believe in a Christ that never existed.
HEAR, BELIEVE, LOVE,.......Whats nexts?
...in flaming fire taking vengeance on those who do not know God, and on those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ.9 These shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power...